Are Black Lights or UV Lights bad for your eyes?
I'm thinking of getting some black lights for my room (I think they're funky). However, if they are going to ruin my eyes, I wouldn't consider it.
I checked Wikipedia, and it mentions that plentifully of UVB light is doomed to failure for you, but Black Lights are UVA light...? Are they doomed to failure for your eyes?
Can you help me out?
Answer: Hello in that! Yes your right black lights are UVA or Longwave UV. Here is some info I found...
"UV-A - "longwave" UV, also known as blacklight, the principal type of UV in sunlight, responsible for skin tanning, largely not harmful, used surrounded by medicine to treat particular skin disorders"
"In general, UVA is the least possible harmful, but can contribute to the aging of skin, DNA bring down and possibly skin cancer. It penetrates deeply and does not inflict sunburn. Because it does not cause reddening of the skin (erythema) it cannot be measured surrounded by the SPF testing. There is no fitting clinical measurement of the blocking of UVA radiation, but it is prominent that sunscreen block both UVA and UVB."
I can't really make a decision call for you... but they are the tiniest damaging of the UV rays. As long as your not surrounded by the blacklight too much then you will probably be fine. Good luck near your decision :)
UV lights are fruitless because they can cause cataract in you eyes and you dont' want those. if black lights are UVA they would be smaller amount dangerous than UV lights. UVB are more unhygienic. i suggest you dont' get any
Apparently they are. Scroll down and you will see your answer.
The answers post by the user, for information only, LasikAnswer.com does not guarantee the right and should not be considered medical suggestion, diagnosis or treatment recommendations.
More Questions and Answers...
- My disappeared eye gets illogically blurry and then I put contact eye drops surrounded by and it gets clear for a bit after blurry?
- What are eye floaters ?
- Information on laser eye surgery please?
- Can you reduce your degree? (see details if you don't understand)?
- What can cause wan tint to soft contact lenses? Would working outside in the sunlight everyday contribute?
- Does any one know how to read a eyeglass prescription?
- I'm getting contacts tomorrow and i need to know what cleaner i should draw from?!?
- Does anybody know how to prevent a sty in your eye.?
- Contact lens??
- Why do i gain a head tenderness that makes my right eye tight particularly the eyebrow bone on the roof of the eye?
- My gone eye is other liquid and near are exceptionally woozy, muted black lines that float over my eye. What is this?
- What states require certifications for opticians?
- Answer this if you enjoy contacts.?